Thursday, January 5, 2012

OurTRIBE

Hello Community,
The purpose of this blog is to be a place of information for both staff and parents.  I see it as a small way to allow us to continue to work towards our overall mission.

Mission Statement

The Community Independent School District's Special Education Department's vision is to guarantee the superior preparation and performance of every child in school and in life.
Our belief is that every student will succeed at reaching his/her full potential by meeting their personal & academic goals in order to prepare for future endeavors. 
Using the District's Vision Statement, Mission, and Improvement Plans, the Community Special Education Department will strive to align all programs and services to promote student achievement and success.




To speak more directly to this effort, here is a word from our leader, the Director of Special Programs for Community ISD, Mrs. April Estrada:

Welcome
Dear Parents, Staff, and Community of Community ISD:
I am very excited to welcome you to the 2011-2012 school year. It continues to be my honor and pleasure to serve as the CISD Director of Special Education. This district is now my home and I feel truly blessed to be a part of such an amazing community.

In the Fall of 2010, Community ISD became a single member district, meaning we are no longer a part of a special education cooperative (Collin County Coop dissolved in June 2010). Since that time, my staff of highly trained professionals and I have been working diligently to establish procedures and policies that will specifically address the needs of of our students while maintaining an excellent level of services for eligible students.

This year, my department will focus on acting as servant leaders while remembering our commitment to kids. This means that I expect my team to approach each situation from the perspective of "how can I serve Community ISD, its staff, parents, and most importantly, its students?" This also means we will be focusing on meaningful, research based instruction that addresses Individual Education Plans (IEPs), while making adequate progress towards grade level TEKS. Our focus for each student will be providing engaging instruction, supports and accommodations, and intense remediation with the goal of keeping students and/or returning students to the general education classroom with their non-disabled peers for the maximum amount of time that is appropriate.

I have enjoyed building relationships with the students and parents of CISD, and I hope to continue to meet and serve our new families.

Please do not hesitate to contact your campus team or myself at any time if we can be of any service or support to you.

Let's R.O.C.K (Remember Our Commitment to Kids)

Sincerely,

April Estrada, M. Ed.
Director of Special Programming

I look forward to learning new things with you throughout this process.

For Our Students,
Zach Snow
Behavior Coach, Community ISD

No comments:

Post a Comment